About this Award
The Queen’s Award for Enterprise is for outstanding achievement by UK businesses for:
– international trade
– sustainable development
– promoting opportunity through social mobility
Recognition of business achievements is of vital importance to the growth of the county and the Lord-Lieutenant encourages business leaders to submit nominates for these awards.
Businesses can apply for more than one award. All are free to enter.
Winners will be:
– invited to a Royal reception at Buckingham Palace, hosted by Her Majesty The Queen
– presented the award at the company by a member of the Royal Family or the Lord-Lieutenant
– able to fly The Queen’s Award flag at its main office and use the emblem on marketing materials such as packaging, advertisements, stationery and on its website.
– given a Grant of Appointment and a commemorative crystal bowl
The awards are valid for five years.
Winners have reported benefiting from worldwide recognition, increased commercial value, greater media coverage and an increase in staff morale.
A business can nominate itself and the closing date for entries is the last working day of September.
An organisation is eligible if it is:
– based in the UK, including the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man.
– files its Company Tax Returns with HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC).
– is a self-contained enterprise that markets its own products or services and is under its own management.
– has at least two full-time UK employees or part-time equivalents.
– demonstrates strong corporate social responsibility.
The organisation can be business or non-profit.
Each of the award categories has additional entry criteria. For details visit www.gov.uk/queens-awards-for-enterprise